The Weeks family was one of the pioneer Burke families, arriving in the 1850s in the area between Bradley Prairie and Pine Valley about the same time as the Fairchilds, to whom they are related by marriage. The Fairchilds initially settled northwest of present Burke while it appears that the Weeks settled near present Ryan Chapel Church. Both families were involved with that Church after its founding in 1866.
Wiley S. Weeks and wife Delilah Scott Weeks moved from Copiah County, Mississippi to Sabine Parish, Louisiana before 1850 along with his son-in-law John Jackson (Jack) Fairchild and daughter Martha Ann Weeks Fairchild and sons James Weeks and Charles M. Weeks.
By 1860 Wiley Weeks had moved to Pine Valley.